What was in last weeks mystery box?
I like wikipedia’s description best “Puppy chow, also typically known as muddy buddies, monkey munch, or reindeer food, is the name for a homemade snack made in the United States” It is crunchy and sweet and quite honestly hard to stop eating. Nowadays it is not a homemade snack as you can purchase the pre-made mix but it is so simple and quite honestly only semi-homemade to begin with. I decided to make a lemony version of the treat using white chocolate and lemon juice in place of chocolate chips and peanut butter. I did not make up this recipe, but thought it was worth sharing as it was something I have never heard of or tried before last week. I also think it is a great treat looking forward to spring.
- cups Corn Chex™ cereal
- 1 1/4cups white vanilla baking chips
- 1/4cup butter
- 4teaspoons grated lemon peel (or 1tsp lemon extract)
- 2tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2cups powdered sugar
- Into large bowl, measure cereal; set aside.
- In 1-quart microwavable bowl, microwave chips, butter, lemon peel and juice uncovered on High 1 minute; stir. Microwave about 30 seconds longer or until mixture can be stirred smooth. Pour mixture over cereal, stirring until evenly coated. Pour into 2-gallon resealable food-storage plastic bag.
- Add powdered sugar. Seal bag; gently shake until well coated. Spread on waxed paper or foil to cool. Store in airtight container.