This recipe was made a while back when I found a box of brownie mix on the counter of my cousins house and wanted to make it a little more exciting than the original recipe. A quick google search led me to this recipe where a peanut butter cheesecake layer takes there brownies to the next level. I followed the recipe to a tee, but I must admit they are tricky to tell if they are done and I would err on the side of underbaking for a fudgier brownie. These would also be a great recipe for Halloween as they don the orange and black color scheme.
- your favorite brownie batter (I used Ghirardelli mix)
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened (can be light)
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 1 eggs
- ½ cup peanut butter (i eyeballed it and probably used more)
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons cream or milk
- Preheat oven to 350. Prepare the brownie batter and spread into a greased 8×8 baking dish.
- Using an electric mixer, beat together the cream cheese, eggs, and sugar. Add the peanut butter, adding the cream as necessary to make the mixture more smooth. The consistency should be thick, but smooth enough to easily mix with the electric mixer. Add the vanilla and salt.
- Pour mixture over brownie batter and marble with a knife.
- Bake for 40 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.