I have found several recipes for salmon cakes that seem so simple with only a few ingredients so I thought I would give it a try. I encountered several problems along the way. First was the fresh fish which was not completely deboned. I spent a long time deboning and desk inning the fish. Next was the problem of the patty not holding together. After making a batch that fell apart, I found breadcrumbs are necessary even if the recipe does not call for any. In conclusion, I found that it is best to stick with a whole salmon filet although after a bit of testing I did get a successful result. One of the only problems is I lost the recipe so I will have to stick with pictures this time around and redo it with a proper recipe!
In the meantime I also made some chocolate cookie dough ice cream…just the best Ohio summer dessert!