Even better PB cookies
Once again the Hershey book came in handy when visiting Ohio. Also once again I turned to a chocolate peanut butter combo which I made a few changes to make even better. First I used a combination of peanut butter and speculoos simply because it is that much better. I also did not have heath bits and decided to use a combination of semi sweet and butterscotch chips. These were great; however it was not until the last batch did I flatten the cookies a bit before baking which I enjoyed the most. I also made sure to chill the dough before turning into cookies which I have mentioned in the past, but I cannot stress enough how amazing they taste as a result. Note this is only intended for those with a sweet tooth (like me).
* My changes are in red and bolded…that takes them from PB Cookies to Even Better PB Cookies
- 1/2 cup shortening (butter flavored)
- 3/4 cup REESE’S Creamy Peanut Butter (1/2 C Speculoos 1/2 C Crunchy PB)
- 1-1/4 cups packed light brown sugar ( 1CUP)
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/3 cups (8 oz. pkg.) HEATH BITS ‘O BRICKLE Toffee Bits (1/2c semi sweet chips 1/2 c butterscotch chips)
1. Heat oven to 375°F.
2. Beat shortening, peanut butter, brown sugar, milk and vanilla in large bowl until well blended. Add egg; beat just until blended. Combine flour, baking soda and salt; gradually beat into peanut butter mixture. Stir in 1 cup bits; reserve remainder for topping.
3. Drop by heaping teaspoons about 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheet; top each with reserved bits.
4. Bake 7 to 8 minutes or until set. Do not overbake. Cool 2 minutes. Remove to wire rack. Cool completely. Makes about 36 cookies.