Last night I had the rare opportunity to meet more Klingers! Of course I couldn’t make my presence known without arriving with a tray of goodies. I decided to make a fruit pizza with the mulberries grown in the backyard. This recipe was passed down through members of the other side of my family so I thought it would be a great cool treat in the hot Orlando weather. Unfortunately, I did not have access to my home kitchen, so I used refrigerated cookie dough (Immaculate Baking Co. is recommended) instead of making my own.
- 1 package of pre made sugar cookie dough
- 1 8 oz package of 1/3 less fat cream cheese
- cinnamon (optional)
- 1/2c granulated sugar
- fresh berries
- berry juice or warm jam (optional)
Once again I had to make a few adjustments including sprinkling cinnamon overtop of the cookie dough ( I also wonder if a snicker doodle crust would work even better). I also found a greek yogurt/cream cheese blend and was pleasantly surprised with the results.
- Press dough evenly into 9x13in baking tray and bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes. This is when I sprinkled the top with cinnamon. Chill in refrigerator.
- Once completely cool, mix sugar with softened cream cheese (I had no mixer so I had to do this by hand. Spread evenly over crust. Next time I may try to swirl in jam/fruit juice for added color instead of drizzling after.
- Place favorite fruit on top in any pattern you want. This is great as you can arrange into letters or shapes for whatever you are celebrating.
Luckily I was able to gat a picture before everyone ate seconds
This recipe is not gluten free, or dairy free, or sugar free, or egg free etc. It is extremely delicious.