Chilled Oreo Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Pie
- 1/2 container Oreos
- 8oz 1/3 less fat cream cheese
- 1 1/4c peanut butter (crunchy or creamy)
- 2/3c chocolate chips melted
- 2/3c chocolate chips
- 1 tub frozen light whipped cream 8oz
- 1.2c granulated sugar
Many years ago on one of our big trips to the local Borders Booksellers (which I am aware no longer exists) my mom bought a Hershey’s recipe book. I must admit over the years we refer to the book for recipes even though they are all found online and we always default to some sort of chocolate peanut butter combination. I like this recipe for several reasons but mostly because it is so easy and can be whipped up at the last second. I have made several changes over various attempts.
- Amp up the PB by 1/4 cup and lower the sugar by 1/4 cup
- avoid the pre made crust and simply crush up some Oreos and mix with melted chocolate. The original recipe calls for a pre made crust with a chocolate shell coating, but it makes it impossible to cut and eat with a chocolate shell layer.
- Buy mini chocolate chips and mix in the peanut butter batter so the chips are suspended throughout the pie
1. Place 2/3 cup chocolates in small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at MEDIUM (50%) 30 to 45 seconds or just until melted and smooth when stirred; spread evenly on bottom of crumb crust. Cover; refrigerate.
2. Beat cream cheese in medium bowl until smooth; gradually beat in sugar. Stir in peanut butter and whipped topping until blended; spoon evenly into crust over chocolate mixture. Cover; refrigerate 4 to 6 hours or until set.
3. Just before serving, place remaining 2/3 cup chocolates around edge of filling. Serve cold; cover and refrigerate leftover pie. 8 servings.
The only problem is that I was only visiting home for a short time and I am craving another slice already.