What an amazing weekend here in NYC. For me it was filled with Broadway shows, family, fun times, and sunshine. In preparation for the weekend (and to have an excuse to bake from my new America’s Test Kitchen cookbook) I made a loaf of zucchini bread. Ironically today is national coffee cake day and although it is normally annoying to hear there is a special day for everything, we ate this treat with our coffee all weekend so technically it counts…right?
ATK Zucchini Load
Ingredients2 small zucchini, shredded 1C & 2T sugar 1 1/3C AP Flour 2/3C whole wheat flour 1t baking pow 1t baking soda 3/4t salt 1/2t cinnamon 1/4t allspice 1/4 c low fat sour cream (or yogurt) 1T lemon juice 5T butter (I used salted) 2 eggs
- sprinkle 2T sugar with zucchini and rest to drain 30minutes. Squeeze dry with paper towel
- spray/ coat loaf pan and preheat oven to 375 degrees
- cream softened butter with sugar for several minutes
- combine all dry ingredients and wet ingredients separately before incorporating into creamed butter mixture DO NOT OVERMIX
- Bake 55 minutes. Top should be brown and cake tester or toothpick should come out clean.
- Leave in pan 10 minutes before removing. Rest another hour before cutting (I failed to follow this step due to impatience)