As a new storm approaches make sure you have the ingredients for a batch of these (no flour needed)!
Amazing Monster Cookies
This recipe was passed down through Debi (who I do not even know), then my cousin Amy, now me.
I will post the original recipe although please note I changed the recipe just a tad by using cookie butter AKA speculoos (which I highly recommend) and peanut M&Ms.
- 2C Creamy Peanut Butter
- 1/2c Butter (room temp)
- 1C sugar
- 1C + 2T Firmly packed brown sugar
- 3 eggs (room temp)
- 3/4t light corn syrup
- 1/4t vanilla (i used a bit more)
- 4 1/2 C old fashioned oats
- 2t baking soda
- 1/4t salt
- 1C M&Ms
- 16oz semi sweet chocolate chips (I used a bit less)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and cover cookie sheets in parchment paper
- cream together PB and butter
- Add sugars beating well
- Add eggs, corn syrup, vanilla and beat even more.
- Stir in oats, salt, and baking powder (do NOT overmix)
- Add mix-ins M&Ms, chocolate chips, and others of desired (coconut/Reese’s)
- Bake for 10 minutes and cool on cookie sheet 5 minutes before removing.
TIP: It makes a LOT of cookies so feel free to freeze half of the batter! I like them baked 9 minutes right out of the freezer as they remain ed puffier than those in the pictures. Leave on the cookie sheet for 5 minutes before removing. I also preferred the batch with parchment paper.