Second Annual Food Contest
Yesterday could have been one of the worst days. Cold and rainy for our day off and nothing to do. As mentioned on Friday, last year was the mac-n-cheese bake off. It was great but by the end of the day I was ready to die from a mac attack. This year a DIP OFF was the way to go. Everyone likes small bites and can grab as much or as little as possible, and it is something that can be easily modified and hard to ruin by over or undercooking. It was such a success with 16 dips in the contest.
It was broken into three categories.
- Best Savory Dip
- Best Sweet Dip
- Most Creative Dip
Here are most of the dips with their names attached. There were plenty of varieties and not one that was alike.
Savory Dips included
- Skyline Chili Dip
- Jalapeno Popper Dip (my personal favorite)- MOST CREATIVE WINNER
- Cranberry Salsa
- Crack Dip (cream cheese, rotel, and sausage-another favorite)
- “Dirty Girl Dip” (blended black beans, onions, tomato, cilantro, and cheese- least favorite)
- Sriracha Chicken Dip- SAVORY WINNER
- Sweet potato fry dip
- “Hot Girl Dip” (cream cheese, some sort of salsa and melted cheese in a frying pan)
- Cold layered dip (refried beans, secret recipe layer, cheese and tomatoes)
Sweet Dips included
- Ambrosia salad
- Nilla wafer stacks with bourbon chocolate
- Brownie batter dip- with a variety of dippers
- “Dunkfetti Dip”- MY DIP!!!
- Pumpkin spice dip
- “This Shit is BANANAS” dip with angry birds dippers
- “Flirty Girl Dip” (Marshmallow fluff, toffee topped )- SWEET WINNER
We started the party with a presentation of the dips explaining what they consist of and their names (shown below).
Then we voted and dressed the winners with their prizes. Although my dip did not win and it is a fairly common recipe it is a skinny and delicious dip I will share for all tomorrow!
Look at the happy winners after a successful day off… hope everyone else is enjoying theirs!
So if anyone is ever in need of a great easy party idea…this is it.