At the end of last summer, I organized a Mac-n-Cheese bake off here in Sullivan with a friend Mallory. Everyone welcome the amazing Mallory! I only have a few images as I was not expecting to have a blog about it, but you get the idea. Who could make the best and most addictive mac- n cheese?
Our thoughts were to go pretty simple with ingredients most people would like. I also like things that you can eat with your hands, thus the mac boats were born. No recipe, just our brilliant brains.
Here are all of the Mac’s. Yes it was a pool party so we were in our swim gear. We found that the tastiest had some sort of crunch with the creamy. There was a pesto mac, a fried mac, a simple mac with Ritz crackers, and the list goes on and on.
Ours were great because they were not only the most devoured, but they provided two dishes…mac boats and mashed potatoes.
LOADED MAC POTATO BOATS
- Bake potatoes cut in half in oven about 45 minutes.
- Scoop out middle (this is where we added milk and made mashed potatoes)
- While potatoes are baking make the mac by boiling the pasta.
- To the cooked pasta we added velvet cheese, cheddar cheese, milk and some spices for a kick.
- We had to go all out by adding crispy bacon to the boats like a loaded potato and more cheese before baking them again.
I found a video from this event from last summer. Wait until you see us raise the bar this year with a new twist to the competition!